For the release of the new Guitar Hero Live, Activision have partnered with Imagine Dragons to sponsor the European leg of their “Smoke + Mirrors” tour happening now.
The sponsorship allows Guitar Hero Live to follow Imagine Dragons during their tour, involving several activations at each shows and other assets for Activision to leverage with their media partners.
• Gaming portals set up at the venues.
• Branding in concourse at the venues.
• Meet & Greats competitions promoted with Activision media partners.
• ‘Be A Roadie’ competition - (winners meet the band, get a tour of the backstage, access to the pit, special seats next to the front of house).
• Exclusive access for Guitar Hero Live photographers at each shows.
• Promotional rights for Guitar Hero Live to associate with Imagine Dragons’ branding in communication and marketing assets.
• Use of exclusive Tour/Artist assets for marketing & PR materials.
• Rights to release official press release to announce the partnership including artist quotes.
• Press shots of the band with the Guitar Hero Live iconic controller.
• Sponsor activity filmed in London for Activision internal use.
• Social media support.
• Signed merchandise.
The partnership covers 10 key dates throughout the tour:
October – 13th – Germany, Munich- Olympiahalle
October 15th – Germany – Hamburg O2 World
October 16th – Germany – Berlin Max-Schmeling-Halle
October 23rd – Sweden – Stockholm Ericcson Globe Arena
October 30th – Spain – Madrid Live
November 2nd – France – Paris – Le Zenith
November 4th - UK – London – O2 Arena
November 5th - UK – London – O2 Arena
(November 20th UK – Birmingham – Barclaycard Arena)
November 23rd – Italy – Milan Mediolanum Forum
February 5th – Netherlands – Amsterdam Ziggo Dome
Extract from the partnership official press release.
The new Guitar Hero Live will let players live out a rock star fantasy, playing to real crowds that react to your performance. Ahead of the European launch of Guitar Hero Live on October 23rd, Activision Publishing Inc., has announced an integrated tour partnership with Imagine Dragons, taking Guitar Hero Live on the road for the band’s forthcoming European “Smoke + Mirrors” tour.
Dan Reynolds, lead singer commented "We really didn't feel like doing actual rehearsals for our upcoming European tour, so it was fortunate timing that we could practice via Guitar Hero Live instead. Our European fans will definitely suffer as a result, but it was a lot less work."
Wayne Sermon, guitarist, added "In all seriousness, we're all gamers, so we're excited to let our fans experience our music in a new way through the game, and especially to realize just how difficult it is for me to play my own guitar parts when you have a crowd watching you".
So far, The partnership has attracted a lot of coverage in many of the territories involved. Some major gaming outlets covered the association promoting both the release of the game and the band’s local dates in each territories, this has brought substantial promotion for the band in front of a gaming audience.